What we do
During a consultation the physiotherapist will take a detailed history and conduct a thorough assessment. Your condition will be explained and a personalised treatment performed to help alleviate your pain and improve your movement and discomfort. The musculoskeletal physiotherapist will treat you with “hands on” treatment such as mobilisation, manipulation, massage and exercise prescription.
Common conditions treated include:
– Back and neck pain
– Sporting injuries
– Shoulder, elbow and hand injuries
– Hip, knee and ankle pain
– Flat feet
How do we treat?
Cumberland Physiotherapy Sport and Rehabilitation Centre offers a variety of personalised treatments. These include;
- Myofascial release and massage, joint mobilisation and manipulation.
- Stretches, strengthening, core strengthening and exercise prescription.
- Dry needling
- Balance and proprioceptive exercises, prescription of soft mouldable orthotics when required.
- Electrotherapeutic modalities and traction when necessary.
We also have a range of the latest braces, strapping tapes and exercise equipment available for purchase.
Who do we treat?
Privately – no Doctors referral required in order to claim from your medical fund. Hicaps facility available for claiming.
Workers Compensation, CTP Claims, Department of Veterans Affairs or Defence Personnel – Doctors referral required from either GP or Specialist.
Enhanced Primary Care – Doctors referral required, up to 5 visits per year. Rebate claimable with Medicare.